Monday, June 4, 2012

Skull Appreciation Day hop

Yes you read that right... it's Skull Appreciation day :D

I noticed a post about this blog hop on the Skull A Day blog and just knew I had to take part.

My original design remained a sketch for quite sometime before I decided to get busy on it... then I kept fiddling with it and changing it... then when I FINALLY decided I'd better get my ass in gear and make it... since the hop was just a couple days away... the rain set in and I couldn't get the sand I needed...

.. yes sand...

.. no I won't tell you what it was for because I still plan on making it... at some point...

... honestly :)

So after a month of procrastinating, and missing out on a really cool design, I got bit by the bracelet bug.

I made these two to go with a tribal gypsy stack.. but never got far with the rest of the stack... lol




Then I got another idea.

I grabbed a rather colorful.. yet ugly ( in my opinion.. mainly because it was colorful...not a touch of black.. how horrible ;) ) memory wire bracelet I'd been playing at putting together.  I cut strips of black and red spiderweb lace ribbon and wrapped them around it, using the colors beads beneath to add bulk, then over wrapped it all with some black wire. Once that was done, I added on some skull charms :)  I rather like this and think I'll keep it for myself. I may add a second wire over wrap with a few red and black beads, and some more skulls of course.

For the record, I hate memory wire. I hate working with it, I hate wearing it and I hate looking at it.

I do however like this bracelet lol





















Sorry for the photo quality... it's been overcast and miserable for the past few days and I put off the photos ... and now it's night time and it's this or nothing >.<

I also had a pillow and bag I was planning on making ( once again, my design plans bypassing the sad fact that I can not sew ) , but of course...they did not get made. Maybe another time.

Thanks for checking out my blog during this hop :) Make sure to pay some of the others a visit and see what skully-goodness they have to share :D


38 comments:

  1. Loving all of this skull jewellery from the hop. Brilliant. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome bracelets. Love the skull key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! All the jewelry is fantastic! So inventive...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOO~ I LOVE the bracelets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your awesome bracelets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These turned out really cool. Who would have guess they started as Memory wire? the ribbon added great texture. Love them. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. skye I love you art..they are fun and wonderful..alot of work.
    hugs,
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  8. all the bracelets you made are wonderful, fantastic job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome bracelets! I love all of the little skull charms.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you came up with! I never would have guessed that the base is memory wire.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well the memory wire is nicely hidden away and the end result is just fab. Great looking bracelets TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both projects...... love the skull beads and charms:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am totally in love with these bracelets! Although, I do love the skull beads used on the memory wire...crap, I love both! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your braceletes are gorgeous! Love them!

    Happy Skull Appreciation Day! :o)

    Kisses from Nydia.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGosh those bracelets are awesome, i love the different textures you have on them, and such cool skull beads and charms.
    hugs
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those bracelets are gorgeous. I love all the skull beads and charms.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The bracelets are wonderfully designed-LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the bracelets. Those are the type of bracelets I would be walking around with all the time and showing off to people... Sorry, my youth takes over every now and then... But they are amazing. Incredible work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG these are cool. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugz,
    Christine Garner

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic- I love them...hope you do a tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Skye, these are all wonderful! I love your blog...new follower here :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOOPs, there is no way to follow :(
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, thanks to Blogger screwing around with the followers option a while back, it no longer works on a large percentage of blogspot sites. You can still 'follow' by subscribing to my posts via rss ; the option is on the right :)

      Delete
  23. Beautiful jewelry Skye! All the different skullies you used are perfect, love them all! Thanks for hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful! Love all the skulls you've added.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your bracelets are freakin' awesome!!! I love them and will be stalking your blog! Happy Skull Appreciation Day! I can't wait to see what you do with the sand down the line :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Okay, I left a NOVEL of a comment via iphone while babysitting my niece- but it doesn't appear to be here. I hate trying to keep up with things like this remotely. So the short version is that I love your memory wire bracelets. They are a definite fashion must.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Skye,
    You did a great job on all of your bracelets. You have found a wonderful collection of skull charms and beads. Those are short supply where I live for my necklace I had or order some skull beads off the internet. but I do truly love all of your jewelry pieces, and I so would ware them cuz they are just so awesome!!! You rock!
    Peace,
    KristyLee

    ReplyDelete
  28. these are all beautiful...and they would all make a fine addition to my jewelry :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I absolutely love them!!!!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  30. Skye, all of these bracelets are awesome! I love all of your skull charms. Sorry you hate memory wire...but I am digging what you've made!

    ReplyDelete