Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Detash Winner & Check in!

Alrighty, so I'm a wheeee tiny bit later posting this than I'd said. I got hit by a massive case of the lazies and spent the morning ( and a chunk of the afternoon) immersed in a book, and it took me a while to get off my butt and get things done. But hey... laundry is done, rent is paid, photos have been taken, comments counted and the winner chosen :)


But... before we get to that, my monthly 'art' addition to my challenge.  You may remember my mentioning a time or two in previous post that I can't sew...yet occasionally get the urge to do so.

This month I was hit by that urge...and... since I suck at following patterns and instructions even more then I suck at sewing, that meant I had to design my OWN pattern to do. It wasn't THAT hard... well... it wouldn't have been that hard if I'd kept it simple and stuck to my original plan rather then alter it 3/4 of the way through... resulting in Mr. Crooked. ... who, it has been said, bears a resemblance to Foamy the Squirrel. 


I can totally see it... not just in the eyes, but in the body shape AND the off center head, oddly enough... huh...


Anyhow, once I started over, SIMPLIFIED the design and STUCK TO IT, I was able to put together a second kitty no problem :)




Here they are together... do I need to tell you which is Mr. Crooked? 










Yeah..I didn't think I did. I'm thinking of making a little collar for the cute little guy but... part of me is arguing to just pack him up and ship him out before I screw him up ;) lol ... aannnddd..I just noticed I hadn't trimmed his whiskers before I took the photo >.< silly me.







 any how, here's a solo shot of the successful kitty ...








MUCH better. Much much better :) The stripes go down his back too.










:D Successful Month of challenges! Think I'll go with a painting or something this month ... something that does not require a needle or thread >.<


So... Destash time, right?


Alrighty... So.. first off, here's a list of the comments from all of the blog posts featuring destash items. they are divided by the post they were made on.


New Year's Destash
1- Kayzkreations
2- Jet
3- Shaiha
4- Carolyn
5- Andra


~
Destash addition #1
6- Andra
7- Silver Rains
8- Shaiha
9- Jet
10 - Carolyn


~

Challenge Check up
11- Andra
12- Shaiha
13- Maneki
14- Carolyn


~

FF-Destash update
15-Andra
16- Kayzkreations
17-Carolyn
18- Shaiha


~

FF- another Destash update
19- Andra
20 - kvh
21- Kristi
22- Jet
23- Carolyn


~
F.F. winner & Final Destash
24-  Andra
25- Carolyn
26- L.Adams

And the winner is via Random.org ....

#24 ... Andra!

Email me your mailing address, Andra and I'll get your goodies off to you as quick as I can :)

I still haven't heard from January's F.F. winner yet. By the new rules, if I haven't heard from her by Feb. 10, I'll draw a new winner ;)

Now... back to trying to find my good glue to finish off these robot pins and then decide what to do for THIS month's F.F ;)


~ Skye

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I am so excited. Can you see me doing the Happy Dance? Yippee! Thank you so much. I have had a great time connecting with you and following your blog. Starting a blog and meeting new people has been the greatest New Year's challenge I have ever made. I have emailed my home address to your hotmail address. Again thank you.

    ReplyDelete